Many people ask “What can I use these flavourings for?” I like to answer “use them for everything that you can imagine!” There are tonnes of recipes out there for the DIY E-juice community, but food recipes with flavour drops are hard to find… I have come up with some ideas I think you might like.
Morning coffee: add 5 drops (½ tsp) of whatever you like. Ie: French Vanilla, Irish Cream, Butterscotch Ripple, Creme De Menthe, Hazelnut, Pralines & Cream, Cinnamon Danish Swirl etc. etc. you get the idea here right?
Breakfast: Make some Cream of Wheat and add Raspberry or Mandarin Orange or Ripe Banana or Peaches & Cream flavour drops or even Peanut Butter and honey drops are really good too. Pancakes or waffles can become fantastic. I have included a recipe on the next page. The possibilities are endless!
The flavour concentrates that we sell here on the site are really concentrated. You all know about baking for example, a common flavour extract is vanilla. Usually 1-2 tsp of your average grocery store vanilla extract is added to a lot of baking recipes. Our vanilla ie: Madagascar Vanilla by Flavor West is so concentrated that in comparison you would only use 1/4 tsp in that same recipe!
1 cup finely shredded coconut, divided
1 cup almond butter or peanut butter
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chia seeds
3 drops of any flavour of liquid concentrate you like (Orange shisha or Raspberry by Inawera are my favorites)
5 drops of Madagascar Vanilla by Flavor West
- Place all ingredients into mixer except for half cup of the shredded coconut.
- Mix until well combined.
- Roll into balls and coat in the other half cup of shredded coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator and eat when you need an extra boost of energy.
Servings: 15+ PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES
My favorite smoothie is 1 scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream, 1 orange, 1 cup of orange juice, 2 handfuls of ice cubes and ½ tsp of Flavor West Natural Orange flavour drops. Blend that up and enjoy your vitamin C! Add water if it is too thick for your blender. Just like an orange Julius. Mmmmmmmm
You can create a smoothie and share your recipe/photo on our Facebook Page
Be sure to LIKE our page and follow us on Social Media
We run contests and want to feature recipes there for others to try.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces freshly brewed strong hot coffee
- 1 ounce Irish Whiskey, Dark Rum or Kentucky Bourbon (your choice)
- 5 drops of The Flavor Apprentice Irish Cream flavour drops
Make the brown sugar syrup. Place the brown sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, stir in the 5 flavour drops and allow to cool to room temperature.
Make the whipped cream. Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or using a hand-held whisk, whisk the cream with 1/4 cup of the cooled brown sugar syrup until it hits the ribbon stage. This is when you lift your whisk and a bit of the thickened cream falls back in a ribbon, keeping its shape for a second or two before dissolving on the surface.
Make your cocktail. Place the coffee and whiskey in an Irish coffee glass, coffee mug, or whatever you have along with 1/2 ounce (15 mL) of the brown sugar syrup. (Use more or less of any of these ingredients according to your taste.) Top with whipped cream and serve.
Flavour your Yogurt any way YOU like.
Make plain yogurt any flavour you like! For every cup of yogurt you will add ½ - 1 tsp (5-10 drops) of flavour drops. In the picture above I used Pomegranate Deluxe flavour drops by The Flavor Apprentice. I had a pomegranate to add to the picture but I don’t normally have these and by using the flavour drops I can still make my favorite yogurt!
Makes 3 cups of Swedish gummy mix | Refrigerate 3 hours | Prep 30 mins
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cups unsweetened applesauce
½ tsp lime juice
8 envelopes of Knoxx gelatin
20 drops of food coloring
1 tsp Swedish Gummy Flavor by The Flavor Apprentice or Gummy Candy by Flavor West
Dash of salt
- Combine all ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes to allow gelatin to hydrate.
- Heat mixture on medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Boil mixture for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Cool for one minute, then skim and discard foam from gelatin.
- Spoon into shaped silicone molds, or pour on to chilled tray sprinkled generously with powdered or granulated sugar.
- Chill for 3 hours, or until firm.
- Turn out molded shapes or cut into cubes. To prevent sticking, roll in powdered or granulated sugar, or citric acid powder to give them a tart “pop” of flavour allow shapes to dry out in fridge for several days.
RIPE STRAWBERRY KISSES
Makes 12-24 kisses | Bake for 60 minutes | Prep 30 mins active
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Strawberry (Ripe) Flavor by The Flavor Apprentice (feel free to try any flavour here)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Dash salt • 15 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Whip egg whites until very frothy, add cream of tartar.
- When soft peaks appear, add granulated sugar gradually.
- Continue whipping until egg whites are silky and no grittiness from sugar remains (about 5 minutes).
- Gently fold in food coloring, salt, and Strawberry (Ripe) Flavor.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper, and drop or pipe ping pong ball sized dollops onto tray.
- Bake at 250F for 60 minutes, remove before browning occurs.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container (meringues will soften gradually, best enjoyed right after cooling).
1 cup Milk (less for a thicker milkshake)
2 cups Vanilla ice cream
20-40 drops of any flavour drops you like
Add ice cream and milk to blender, gradually add flavour drops and here you will need to experiment on your personal taste.
Try this recipe with any type of flavour drop:
Coffee (for that Frappuccino effect) Ripe Strawberry, Blueberry, Milk Chocolate, Belgian Waffle, Lucky Leprechaun, Banana Nut Bread, Root Beer, Creme De menthe, Ripe Banana with Peanut Butter, Banana Split,
Go Crazy let your imagination run wild!!!